March 8, 2013

Quilled Easter greeting cards

As the Easter is coming up, I would like to show two of my Easter cards with quilling. I often choose the Easter egg to be the main element of my cards, and these ones aren't an exception. The quilled egg on the first card is made of 1/8-inch-wide yellow, orange and red paper strips. In addition to the egg, I used a ribbon bow and the words "Happy Easter!" to decorate this greeting card. The lettering was done by hand using a red felt-tip pen. Size of this card is approximately 4.5" x 6" (12 x 15 cm).
On the second card the central quilled Easter egg is echoed by two simpler eggs on its sides. For this card I combined quilling with punches and paper cutting. The red and yellow paper strips in this case are 1/8" (3 mm) and 1/16" (1.5 mm) wide. Size of the card is approximately 4.5" x 6" (~11.5 x 15.5 cm).
Please, use these cards for inspiration only and do not reproduce them.
I would also like to take this opportunity to wish my female readers a happy International Women's Day. Tons of health, success, love, peace, luck and happiness to you all!

13 comments:

Sathya said...

Very Happy Womens Day to U, Inna!!
Quilled eggs are great...Always looking for ur post..and awesome inspirations...

Cristina said...

Happy Womens Day Inna!!! The card are so lovely!!Love the colors, so warm, and the design is so simple but with great effect!!
Greeting from Romania
Have a nice day
Cristina

chillin with Quillin said...

lovely cards !!!
Paula

Grandma Jean said...

Beautiful work, Inna, AS USUAL!

Unknown said...

Beautiful cards Inna. I always love your creations.

http://athomecanbefun.blogspot.com

Wendy said...

these are lovely! I'm sitting here quilling myself

Maria Rose said...

Awesome n cute :)

Fairy Cardmaker, Lisa said...

These are delightful! Great colours and symmetry!

Pritesh Dagur said...

Such bright spring colours Inna! :)

Nati said...

Very pretty!!

Nupur Bhatia said...

The cards are so pretty! You work is always inspiring! Do visit my blog at http://thrilling-quilling.blogspot.com/

Sharon said...

They look lovely! :D

xxx Sharon

http://craftyflower.blogspot.co.uk/

Inna D. said...

My dear readers, than you very much for your kind comments!